Airports, buses, and other places may have public USB ports you can use to charge your devices. But it’s best to avoid them unless you really need to recharge. Public charging ports could be used to spy on you or infect your device with malware.
Here are some tips for staying safe when charging your devices in public places:
- Only use charging stations that are operated by trusted companies.
- Avoid using charging stations that are in secluded areas.
- If you must use a public charging station, use your own charging cable.
- Be aware of your surroundings while your device is charging.
- Avoid using sensitive apps such as online banking or email while your device is charging.
By following these tips, you can help to protect yourself from the risks associated with using public charging stations.