No items in your cart
Effective Date: May, 25, 2018
We are required under United States tax law to retain basic information relating to your business with Total Defense for a minimum of 7 years. The information includes the basic personal information listed above. If you no longer have a business relationship with Total Defense after the seven-year period, Total Defense will remove that information.
1. The Information We Collect
Information You Provide
Total Defense collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us, including any information that may be used to setup and maintain your account, billing profile and to provide the Services. Total Defense may collect information from you in the context of:
- Account registration and administration of your Total Defense account;
- Contest registration and prize acceptance;
- Customer support and technical assistance;
- Processing your order for products or services offered by Total Defense;
- Registration of your Total Defense products;
- Providing updates to you regarding your Total Defense products;
- Obtaining application software updates;
- Newsletter subscriptions;
- Satisfaction surveys and reviews;
- Device information used to recognize protected devices that have installed Total Defense software;
- Usage statistics regarding how your software subscription is used and features accessed; and
- Other uses of the Services where information is requested for use and/or participation.
The specific types of information collected will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and what you choose to provide and may include your full name, email address, phone number, product activation code, home address, credit card information, shipping address, and zip code. When you shop through our web store, we may collect data such as the purchases you have made, items in your shopping cart, and how often you make purchases.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you use Total Defense’s Products and Services that connect to the Internet, including, but not limited to, Total Defense software and mobile applications, your Total Defense account, and our web sites and web store, we may collect certain information as described below for such purposes as improvement of our products and software services, troubleshooting bugs, providing the Services, managing the Services, security and monitoring purposes, tracking and analyzing usage, providing content for referring traffic sources and improving overall performance of the Services. We may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Websites – When you use our websites (including our web store), we may collect and analyze information about your computer or mobile device such as your IP address, a mobile device identifier (e.g., a IDFA on Apple products like the iPhone and iPad or similar advertising identifiers), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information. We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site, and to improve the content of our website to better match the interests of our website users.
- Total Defense Desktop Software Applications – Our desktop software and mobile applications may automatically send data about usage of the service or the software when it connects to the Internet. This information will include information about your computer such as operating system, technical specifications, IP address, and data related to your use of the service or the software on the computer, e.g., number of installs and downloads, screens visited, screen resolution selected, features used, and other similar information. We monitor customer software usage to help us develop the design and layout of the desktop software, websites and mobile applications and to improve the content to better match the interests of our users.
- Mobile Software Applications – When you use a Total Defense mobile application we may automatically receive certain information about your mobile device and use of the application, including a mobile device identifier (e.g., a UDID or IDFA on Apple products like the iPhone and iPad or similar advertising identifiers), operating system, version, IP address and other similar information, such as time spent in different portions of the Total Defense mobile application. We may also collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), as detailed further below.
- Location Information – When you install our mobile applications, you may be asked to grant access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation information (i.e., your real-time geographic location), and may use that information to provide or customize the Services with location-based information and features. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want it to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your mobile device, provided your mobile device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Information from Other Sources
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Please see our dedicated Cookies Policy.
3. Online Advertising and Analytics
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to online marketing, as described in the following section.
We do not serve third party advertisements to you while using TotalDefense.com. However, we do work with website analytics and advertising partners, including Google, Bing, Commission Junction and Facebook, to deliver Total Defense advertisements on third party publisher websites – these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser. These cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you Total Defense advertisements elsewhere on the Internet, and so that our analytics software can measure your engagement and interactions while using TotalDefense.com. In this way, ad servers may compile anonymous, de-identified information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw our advertisements, whether or not you interacted with our advertisements, and actions performed on subsequent visits to TotalDefense.com. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you, and it allows Total Defense to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns and the usability of our website. In other words, we use analytics data in concert with data about our online ads that have been shown using the Google Display Network or other online advertising networks. By doing so, we can understand how anonymous users interacted with our website after seeing our ads.
4. Uses of Information
Total Defense may use the information it collects for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Service Improvement – As discussed throughout this Policy, we will use information to understand how users interact with our Services and advertisements, provide tailored content and advertising, improve the overall Total Defense customer and product experience, and perform research and analytics.
- Order-Related Communications– If you place an order, we will use your name and email address to send you an order confirmation email, a shipping confirmation email, and customer satisfaction emails. If you do not wish to participate in customer satisfaction emails, you may opt out of such emails upon receipt by clicking “Unsubscribe” link contained in the email.
- Customer Service – Based upon the information you provide us at the time of Total Defense account registration or purchase, we will send you a confirmation email. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your Total Defense account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
- Newsletters, Social Media Campaigns, Special Offers and Updates – We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special promotions, contests, customer satisfaction surveys, events, and opportunities to interact with Total Defense and our community. You can sign up to receive these emails and social media campaigns from us on our newsletter sign up page and/or during checkout while purchasing a product. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option NOT to receive these types of communications. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for more details on how to unsubscribe or opt out of these communications from Total Defense.
- Service-Related Announcements – We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email, push notification, or an in application or web based communication. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to have Total Defense deactivate your Total Defense account and remove the Total Defense software.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Total Defense does NOT share, sell, rent or trade information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and will only share information as outlined below or with your consent.
- Customer Testimonials – At times, we may post customer testimonials on our website. We will obtain your consent via email and/or opt-in methods prior to posting your name, city, or stated activity/interest along with any testimonial.
- Service Providers – We use third party service providers to offer or facilitate services on our behalf, such as a shipping company to fulfill orders, a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. When you order products from Total Defense, we will share your information as necessary for such third party services providers to provide the applicable service to us or on our behalf. These third parties are prohibited from using any identifying information about you for promotional purposes.
- Business Transactions – Information that we collect is considered a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your information may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Legal Compliance – We reserve the right to access and disclose your information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) enforce legal rights and comply with the law; (b) comply with an order from a government entity or other competent authority, (c) prevent or address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage; (d) protect our rights, prevent fraud and/or comply with judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Total Defense.
- Law Enforcement – We may be required to disclose your information to government or law enforcement officials in response to a lawful request by a public authority or if we have to do so to comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We can also disclose your information in order to apply or enforce our terms and conditions or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent or prevent any illegal activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
You will be notified when any identifying information about you is collected or shared by any third party that is not our service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether to share your information with that party. If you do not wish to have your information shared and want to opt out from receiving further communications from any third party that is not our agent or service provider, please contact that third party directly.
6. Your Choices
Total Defense provides you with a number of choices with respect to the information we collect and use as discussed throughout this Policy. Some of your choices include:
- Marketing Communications – If you purchase a product but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us you may select the opt out link contained within any of these communications and will be added to our do not mail list. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, social media campaigns and promotional emails, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or email or by requesting through our contact form located at http://www.totaldefense.com/support
7. EU Rights to personal information
EU and Swiss individuals have the right, under certain circumstances, to:
- Access their personal information;
- Correct inaccurate personal information;
- Request erasure of their personal information without undue delay;
- Request the restricted processing of their personal information;
- To receive the personal information that they have provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller without hindrance or ask us to do so;
- To object to the processing of their personal information;
Such users may request access to their personal information and modify or remove most information associated with their Total Defense account at any time by logging into their Total Defense account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info. Users may also email to exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EU and Swiss users also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if they consider that our processing of their personal information infringes the applicable data protection laws. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with detailed information regarding the contact details of the respective competent supervisory authority.
8. Third Party Website Links and Features
9. Customer Reviews
10. Children’s Privacy
Total Defense’s Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and if we become aware of such collection, we will take reasonable steps to delete any such information as soon as practicable.
11. International Users
13. How we Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information based on its sensitivity. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
14. Total Defense Contact Info