If you have a family or shared computer, make sure your loved ones are safe by adding administrator controls to restrict downloads and installations. Many modern operating systems allow you to require approval from an administrator (i.e., primary user) before executing scripts, device drivers and system firmware. To set up an account as an administrator in Windows 10:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Choose Family & other users.
- Click on your user account under the Other users panel.
- Select Change account type.
- Choose Administrator from the dropdown.
As the administrator, your password or PIN will be required to authorize downloads and installations on the computer.