Submit an identity theft report with the Federal Trade Commission

If you notice fraudulent activity on your bank account, notify the Federal Trade Commission immediately, then use the report to notify the police. A more comprehensive report will better equip the police to find the person responsible. To begin this process:

You will be asked a series of questions about your situation. Then, you will receive a recovery plan, which you can then put to action with a step-by-step plan provided by the FTC.