Google now has a feature where it will ask if you’d like to generate a unique password when signing up on a website. If you opt to do so, Google will create a strong password for that site and remember it for you. Google essentially acts as a password manager. This feature should be enabled by default but in case it’s not, here’s how to enable it:
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner, then click on “Passwords.”
- Toggle the switch labeled “Offer to Save Passwords” to the on position.
- Go to a site where you’d like to create an account.
- When you click the password field, a pop-up from Google will suggest a strong one for you.
- Click “Use Suggested Password.”
- If you don’t see the prompt, right-click on the password field then click “Suggest Password.”
- Google will save this password for you.