THE NEW ERA OF CYBERCRIME REQUIRES A NEW MULTI-LAYERED APPROACH
Total Defense Cloud Web Security
Total Defense Cloud Web Security is a cloud-based, Internet filtering and Web 2.0 security offering. It enables your organization to experience secure, safe Internet use, free from threats and malware, while ensuring that use is appropriate and compliant with your acceptable use policy.
Why do I need Web Security?
Web 2.0 has transformed Internet use from a once static resource into a rich and dynamic collaboration portal. Unlike the past where websites were tightly controlled, the content of many of today’s websites - like Facebook and YouTube - relies on the contributions of millions of Internet users. The negative effect of this change is that organizations can no longer implicitly trust supposedly ‘legitimate’ sites as safe and free of malicious content.
Traditional Web security solutions such as URL filtering and signature based anti-virus, while still important, are no longer effective protection on their own. The Web 2.0 environment demands real-time protection which can analyze continuously evolving web content and keep pace with Web-based applications in a constant state of flux.
Incoming Web threats are not the only concern. With millions of Web users now actively contributing Web content through ‘tweets’, blogs, webmail, video and social networking sites, organizations need to be monitoring their outbound Web content now more than ever. Most organizations place a special significance on their intellectual property and sensitive data which is susceptible to data leakage via the Web. You need to be certain that Internet use is safe, secure, productive and appropriate.
- URL Filtering
- Comprehensive database of millions of websites in more than 50 reporting categories
- We analyze the content of websites that your organization is accessing in real-time
- Anti-Virus & Malware Security
- Anti-virus technology & sophisticated dynamic anomaly detection and traffic modeling systems to protect your organization from viruses, botnets, spyware, & browser exploits
- Dynamic modeling engine examines web links, scripts and code structures looking for behavioral characteristics of malicious sites and vulnerability exploits
- Application Control
- Gain control over Social Networking, Streaming Media & Web-based messaging
- Bandwidth Control
- Manage your Internet bandwidth consumption and control unnecessary or non-business use
- Data Leakage Prevention
- Control the distribution of sensitive data or private information
- Acceptable Use Policy Compliance
- Security & Policy Compliance Reporting
- Easy to understand reports on your Internet usage and threats
Total Defense Cloud Web Security enables comprehensive security yet is simple and easy to use. Our services target a range of Web-based threats and security concerns:
- Mobile Security – because Total Defense Web Security is cloud-based, protection and policies can be applied to your users anywhere and on any device – in the office, on the road or at home / on a laptop or workstation.
- URL Filtering – utilizing a layered approach, the service employs the latest range of Web filtering technologies including real-time content analysis and behavioural modelling in conjunction with over 50 constantly updated categories of millions of websites to enable you to control access to related Web content.
- Anti-Virus & Malware – the service incorporates traditional anti-virus technology, sophisticated dynamic anomaly detection and behavioural modelling systems to protect your organization from viruses, botnets, spyware, browser exploits and other Web 2.0 threats.
- Application Control – gain control over popular Web 2.0 applications such as Social Networking, Streaming Media and Web-based messaging.
- Bandwidth Control – manage your Internet bandwidth consumption and control unnecessary or non-business use. With flexible, policy-based control you can place restrictions on specific users or at particular times of day when you need to ensure you are getting the most from your bandwidth.
- Inbound & Outbound Policy Compliance – actively monitor your acceptable use policies and ensure appropriate use of Web resources, block inappropriate conduct and prohibited content which could potentially create legal liability risk and ensure a safe and productive workplace for your employees.
- Security & Compliance Reporting – access useful and easy to understand reports on your Internet activity and threats.
- Graphical summaries are provided as well as in-depth reports to help you investigate specific events or user activity. You can run reports by site, category, user, bandwidth and by threat type across a wide range of time periods. Total Defense reports allow you to measure the real benefits of Web Security and demonstrate the return on your dollar.
- Directory Synchronization – Total Defense provides automated user account directory synchronization to streamline administration and save you time and effort. Total Defense supports all common directory formats including Active Directory and LDAP.