22 May 12
Total Defense Address Rampant Cybercrime by Launching Cloud Security Protection for Businesses
New Offering Provides Organizations With Anywhere, Anytime Web and Email Security
Redwood Shores, Calif., May 22, 2012 - Total Defense, Inc., the leading provider of solutions to combat the growing threat of cybercrime, today announced the launch of Total Defense Cloud Security, an integrated cloud based SaaS (Security as a Service) solution for Web and email protection. This new offering provides organizations with a powerful and versatile Web and email security platform that protects users anytime and anywhere.
The widespread use of the Web as a business tool, coupled with an increasingly mobile workforce, has enhanced corporate productivity, but it has also created new security challenges for companies that must balance providing access with protecting critical corporate assets and data. "The days of the typical business user accessing the Internet solely from the safety of a protected corporate network are over. Today's workers are connecting from an array of different devices through a multitude of private and public networks, Wi-Fi hotspots, home networks and the like. Traditional appliance-based Web and Email security solutions are unable to address the evolving security needs of modern businesses," said Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense.
"As social media becomes more prevalent, attack vectors are multiplying, forcing IT administrators to require a multi-layered security approach. Our new Cloud Security service complements our existing endpoint products by securing Web and email traffic, while protecting users and data, even when endpoints are outside of the corporate network. Total Defense Cloud Security delivers a comprehensive extra layer of protection for in-house, remote and mobile workers, while improving workplace productivity and reducing cost. Companies can now rest assured that their most valuable assets are safeguarded with multiple layers of protection," added Lipman.
Total Defense Cloud Security provides users with a secure Internet connection, safe from threats and malware, while ensuring that Web browsing is appropriate and complies with acceptable use policies. Unlike competitors' security SaaS offerings, the Total Defense service provides a fully unified solution for Web and email protection within a single management and reporting interface, delivering easy and flexible security for all of an organization's users - wherever they are and on any device. No software installation or administration is required and there are no upfront implementation costs.
"Total Defense Cloud Security is an intuitive, integrated web & e-mail security product that is exceptionally easy to manage. It is extremely simple to provision and customers can be up and running in just a few minutes without ever worrying about server hardware and maintenance," said Maurice Thompson, Network Administrator for RTL Networks.
Total Defense Cloud Security benefits include:
- Security for Mobile and Remote Users - protection and policies that can be applied to users anywhere whether in the corporate environment, on the road or at home.
- Anti-Virus & Blended Threat Protection - detects and blocks virus attachments and malware including malicious URL links to ensure protection against the full range of threats that infect corporate networks via email.
- Anti-Spam & Phishing Protection - employs latest range of anti-spam technologies including IP reputation and real-time content analysis to detect and block spam in the cloud before the email gateway even receives it.
- Application Control - enables control over social media, streaming media and Web-based messaging (E.g. Facebook, Skype, Google Talk, YouTube etc.).
- Bandwidth Control- enables management of Internet bandwidth consumption and control over unnecessary, non-business use through flexible, policy-based controls.
- URL Filtering - utilizes latest range of Web filtering technologies including real-time content analysis and behavioral modeling in conjunction with more than 50 continuously updated categories of millions of websites.
- Highly Redundant Global Network - 27 geographic data center locations ensures global coverage and near zero latency.
- Comprehensive & Multi-Layered Security - Cloud Security bundled with Total Defense r12 endpoint suite offers robust tools for businesses to secure their assets and data.
Total Defense provides a free 15-day trial of Total Defense Cloud Web and Email Security that includes full reporting services to help businesses understand all of the service's capabilities. To learn more, please visit: www.totaldefense.com/business.
About Total Defense
Total Defense, the leading provider of solutions to combat the growing threat of cybercrime, protects over 40,000 businesses and over 4 million consumers from the growing epidemic of cybercrime and malware. We provide multiple layers of digital security through desktop, mobile device, web gateway and cloud based solutions. We go "beyond protection" by ensuring our customers receive the level of service and support they require in an ever changing threat landscape. Total Defense is a former business of CA Technologies, one of the largest information technology companies in the world. Our major centers of operation are in New York, Silicon Valley, India, and Europe.
Gutenberg Communications for Total Defense
Susie Hayne, 408-827-4360
Gutenberg Communications for Total Defense
Stefanie Cannon, 408-827-4361